Tips for Shooting Video on Your Smartphone
- Turn your phone sideways (horizontal) when
you’re shooting a video.
- Line up your shot. You can turn on your
camera’s grid line option on to ensure straight lines. If you’re not
comfortable changing your camera settings, stick to the “auto” option.
- Wait 1-2 seconds to start talking after you
hit the record button.
- Be mindful of your hand placement. Don’t
block the camera or the microphone.
- Check your lighting. Make sure there’s
ample head-on lighting when you’re shooting video.
- Keep the camera steady. Use a tripod, or
rest your elbows on a flat surface, when filming to eliminate shaky footage.
- Engage your audience. Be upbeat and
creative, you only have 15 seconds to capture someone’s attention.
- Keep it short. Your video should only be
30 seconds to 2 minutes long.
- Plan your video. No matter how short your
video is, plan a script or have an idea of your talking points before you start