RCL Engineering Group is a local and regional interdisciplinary firm of expert roof consultants, structural engineers, building envelope specialists and architects with over 40 years of experience. We work with property owners and managers, community associations, developers, builders, investors and contractors in accurately assessing and identifying the condition of any roofing or building envelope system. We identify solutions, provide structural design and specifications, roof asset management programs, long range planning and budgeting, structural analysis, moisture assessments, parking structure investigations, new building additions and alterations, project management and large loss assessments.
Structural Engineering and Evaluation
Roof Consulting: Multi-Family, Commercial and Residential
Roof Asset Management – Long Range Planning and Budgeting
Roof Design and Specification
Project Management and Quality Assurance Oversight
Commissioning of the Building Enclosure
Non-Destructive Moisture Assessments
Due Diligence Surveys
Large Loss Assessments
Air and Moisture Barriers
Hail and Wind Damage Assessments
Load Capacity Calculations
Air Leakage Assessments
How We Can Help
Like many associations and properties, you may be experiencing issues with the roofs, buildings or parking structures. If you are considering a project or simply wanting to know the conditions or longevity of your properties structures we would encourage you to contact RCL Engineering Group. We are an independent company without ties to any roofing contractors or roofing material manufacturers. We provide an accurate and unbiased assessment of your roofs, buildings or parking structures and can provide you the answers to the following questions that you might have:
- Is a new roof really necessary or can it be repaired?
- How long can your existing roof be expected to perform?
- What type of roof system is most appropriate for your facility?
- How much will a new roof system cost?
- Is your roof/attic adequately ventilated?
If a new roof is truly warranted, RCL Engineering Group can prepare a comprehensive roofing specification complete with plans and details. Proper roof design and management of the bidding process will help you achieve the following:
- Thorough roofing installation instructions meeting industry, manufacturer and code standards that leave nothing up to the interpretation of a contractor.
- Bidding documents that cover all legal, contractual and procedural issues.
- Selection of bidders that are qualified to install the roof system(s) specified.
- Complete, accurate and comparable bids that cover all aspects of the project.
- Bid proposal tally, review, analysis and recommendation.
- Preparation of contractual agreement between the owner and contractor.
Additionally, RCL personnel can provide project management services to ensure that the project is completed to specifications and code. You will find that working with RCL Engineering Group is a valuable investment that will save you time and result in a longer lasting, better performing building system.