M-203: COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
Kansas City, MO
April 3, 2019
Learn how to work with leaders to achieve goals and set a positive tone for the community.
This course shows you how to inspire the cooperation needed from board leaders and volunteers to achieve management goals. You’ll learn proven ways to motivate and guide community leaders and help board and committee members accomplish more at every meeting. Topics include:
- Strategies for building better relationships
- Preparing and running efficient meetings
- Motivating and guiding board members
- Encouraging interest and participation in committees
- Developing election procedures
- Organizing community records
In addition to a participant guide and digital access to bonus readings and materials, you will receive:
- The Board Secretary
- Meetings and Elections
- The ABCs of Parliamentary Procedure
1.5 day blended learning course:
- Day 1: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (in the classroom)
- Half-day: Online content including a multiple-choice examination. The exam and online material must be completed within 30 days of the live course. Results will be available immediately after completing the exam. The half-day program including exam can be taken from home, office, or anywhere with an internet connection.
Online Course: 4-6 hours to complete the course plus 4 hours of study via reading assignments and discussion boards. Students have 4 months—120 days from purchase date—to complete the course and take the 60-minute exam to receive credit.
CAI member: $459 | Nonmember: $559