America’s leading advocate for responsible communities
Community Associations Institute (CAI) is the only national organization dedicated to fostering vibrant, responsive, competent community associations. Our mission is to assist community associations in promoting harmony, community, and responsible leadership. We believe that by giving board members, managers, and homeowners the knowledge to better run their associations, they can turn “owners” into “neighbors,” increasing harmony, and leading to more prosperous, safer communities.
Benefits of Joining
The value of a CAI membership continues to become invaluable. The level of services and expertise you receive is second to none!
The Heartland Chapter offers benefits to all members, whether you are an individual homeowner, a community manager, or a professional selling to and servicing the industry. Benefits
Putting unity into community
CAI was founded in 1973 as a multi-disciplinary non-profit alliance serving all stakeholders in community associations. We provide education and resources to America’s 231,000 residential condominium, cooperative, and homeowner associations, and to the professionals and suppliers who serve them.
CAI members include all types of association-governed communities, such as condominium and homeowner associations, cooperatives, and planned communities of all sizes; individual homeowners; community managers and management firms; builders and developers; accountants, attorneys, lenders, insurance providers, reserve specialists, and other providers of professional services; public officials; and product and service suppliers-all working together to create more livable communities.
CAI has more than 30,000 members in 55 chapters throughout the United States and in several foreign countries, but our reach is much greater. Every homeowner in our member associations, and every employee in our member firms, enjoys many of the benefits of CAI membership as well.
The CAI Promise
In CAI, you’ll find a friendly and accessible forum to develop relationships, increase your knowledge, and help shape the future of our communities. CAI offers a host of resources that will help you excel. By utilizing these resources, you can:
- Develop the skills you need to successfully manage your association CAI offers education courses on both the national and local levels in a variety of formats for board members, homeowners, managers, and other professionals.
- Build relationships that will help you succeed CAI chapters, our national conferences, and our education courses provide opportunities to develop relationships with others in the industry who can help you succeed.
- Discover resources that will give you the answers CAI’s publishing division, Community Associations Press, publishes the largest collection of books and guides available on community association management and operations.
- Move your career onto the fast track CAI’s designations programs and Professional Management Development Program, offered through the National organization, recognizes your achievements and continuing education opportunities that can help you get ahead.
- Expand your thinking CAI conducts research and acts as a clearinghouse for information on innovations and best practices in community association creation and management.
- Protect your interests CAI advocates community association interests before legislatures, regulatory bodies, and the courts.
- Deepen your knowledge CAI’s National award-winning magazine, Common Ground, and several specialized newsletters provide in-depth analyses of legislative trends as well as practical articles about community association finance, law, and management.